plain and simple...
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? i ran a half marathon!!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? i "continued" my running & fitness, i did not do as well "continuing" my weight loss
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? none
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? a "me" getaway
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 11.10.12 when i crossed the finish line in rva
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? crossing that finish line
9. What was your biggest failure? withdrawing a bit, letting outside factors create stress in my life
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? i spent my Christmas "vacation" time in pajamas in bed, for the most part. not fun.
11. What was the best thing you bought? compression socks, new running shoes
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? jack's, as he made the transition from elementary to middle school, and found his way on the football field
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? i cannot say
14. Where did most of your money go? racing
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? coffee with friends, tweet-ups, seeing the Canadian Brass live
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Call Me Maybe, anything by The Avett Brothers, Home (Philip Phillips), Moves Like Jagger, Til Kingdom Come
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? about the same on all fronts
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? traveled
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? apologized
20. Did you fall in love in 2012? love eludes me
21. What was your favorite TV program? The Olympics, Parenthood
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? it's not hate
23. What was the best book you read? all i read was The Hunger Games trilogy, alongside Jack. that is what made it specia
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Avett Brothers
25. What did you want and get? a bigger running support group
26. What did you want and not get? a new space
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Les Miserables
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i did nothing as i turned 43. literally, nothing
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? MORE TRAVEL, a conference to attend
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? it's all about the boots and accessories
31. What kept you sane? running. yoga (just started recently). meditating (i lie. this is REALLY hard for me. but i keep trying.
i've got my eyes on you, 2013...