1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? i ran a MARATHON!!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? i kept several resolutions throughout the year - i did not know all of them at the start of the year, however.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my cousin liz welcomed "v"
4. Did anyone close to you die? grandma cross
5. What countries did you visit? none
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? a true vacation. or two.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? october 18th. the three of us know why.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? i think it's a tie between completing the 100 days of burpees challenge and completing the rva marathon.
9. What was your biggest failure? gaining weight
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? i trained for the tobacco road half marathon with an injured calf/knee
11. What was the best thing you bought? a blue and silver dress for the gala
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? jack, forever my MVP!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? anyone and everyone who reposted or shared an article on facebook or twitter without reading it and commenting on it
14. Where did most of your money go? race fees and bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? coming home to peace and quiet
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? get lucky, daft punk
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? happier, fatter, poorer (but in finances only)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? trained/exercised/run with other people
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? stuffed food in my mouth
20. Did you fall in love in 2013? no
21. What was your favorite TV program? The Black List
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no hate
23. What was the best book you read? i didn't read any books!
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? could have been daft punk
25. What did you want and get? a running watch
26. What did you want and not get? i'm not sure, but it's out of reach, as of yet
27. What was your favorite film of this year? frozen
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i worked as i turned 44
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? i would have liked to keep my momentum from the earliest months vis-a-vis creating my new career
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? everything old is new again. seriously - i repurposed and reused many pieces that have been sitting stagnant in my closet.
31. What kept you sane? running