just a quick update for those of you (including ME), who are tired of stopping by and seeing the same old post.
* this summer has been one of extremes. extreme highs (Seussical!)(reconnecting with some dear friends via Facebook!) and extreme lows (my fortius is definitely being tested.) the rush from one extreme to the other has left me a bit fuzzy, and definitely exhausted (was anyone else awake watching the replay of the Closing Games at 2:30 a.m.??)
* i am finally getting caught up on housework! blech.
* there is family in town and i am being careful to carve time out of my ridiculously hectic schedule to spend time just visiting. hard to do when everyone is on vacation, and you are the one at work.
* i am dreadfully behind on thank you notes & posting good mail. but, please know that i have been buoyed through the past month by thoughtful notes and gifts.
* today is Back to School!! a big day for my 2nd grader who is making the big jump from small montessorri to larger public school. you cannot tell by this first-day-of-school picture ("mom, i don't like first-day-of-school pictures"), but he was especially thrilled about picking out his outfit and buying lunch. here's to a great year, sport!
* with the show over, and no more need for pigtails, i took myself off to get a haircut last week. ahhhhh....
slowly and surely, finding my way back to me.