Tuesday, June 28, 2011

spt 06.28.2011

i am not a numbers person. i don't get excited by mathematical things: formulas, equations, mean/medians/and modes...

i had to take one math course in college. it was a Statistics course. i forced myself to sit in the front row and become one with the numbers. it sucked. but i passed! and now, in my grownup life, i have to look at a lot of numbers: forecasts, budgets, occupancies... in the scope of things that fall under the title of "General Manager," it is the numbers things that that challenge me the most.

but i've had a lot of numbers on my mind recently, and so i thought, in an effort to embrace my inner statistician, it might be fun to give you a post filled with numbers. ready?

tomorrow is the 11th anniversary of Hampton Inn Southport;
as of the 5th of July, i will have worked here for 11 years;
there are 80 rooms in the hotel;
we buy an average of 65 lbs of bananas every week;
matty will be 40 on the 30th;
i have run over 204 miles since January;
i eat, on average, 1250 calories a day;
i have lost 44 lbs;
i recently ran my 3rd 5K race of 2011;
it was my 4th race of the year;
it's almost time for the annual 4th of July Festival!;
this morning when i woke up, the humidity was 84%;
i have only completed 45 blog posts this year;
i am about to add 1 more to the list!!


7 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, you've lost 44 pounds, that's amazing, inspiring, fantastic and great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lelly!

Natasha said...

44 pounds jumped out at me...that's awesome!

SisterX_83 said...

Those are some good numbers! Keep up the great work with the running. As someone else who hates running, I'm impressed.

Alisha said...

I endured statistics, too.

Fun post!

Amanda said...

Lelly!

Where have I been? You look amazing. Your hard work is totally paying off. So proud of you. Good to see you and maybe I'll blog again with the commitment of SPT. I really enjoyed participating before.

Amanda

MaryRC said...

i havent been by in a while, you look amazing, congrats on all the accomplishments.