Tuesday, July 05, 2011

spt 07.06.2011

just digging out from the natural chaos that is the NC 4th of July Festival... when tens of thousands of people descend upon Southport for flag waving, fireworks and funnel cake! this year, among the tens of thousands, was my college roommate!



i always love Festival time, because it reminds me of a pre-marriage vacation to the area during the Festival that guided our decision to move here. i also love Festival time because funnel cake.

and the Festival also segues nicely into the oft-overlooked holiday, "July 5th," this year known as my ELEVENTH anniversary of working at the Hampton Inn.

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm off to continue wading through the piles of paperwork that somehow ended up on my desk while i took Sunday and Monday off. you would think that after eleven years, i would have figured out a way for that stuff to take care of itself!!

will you take a self-portrait today? leave me a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how I adore funnel cake!! This week is our town's annual carnival and that means funnel cake to me!

Natasha said...

I have never had a funnel cake. What's wrong with me?! I think I'd just prefer a big hunk of dark chocolate.

Michelle Alley said...

Sounds like great fun - except for the paperwork part!