1) i bought a pair of jeans! and i might buy a second! i don't' know... i'm feeling a bit crazy like that (16 1/2 pounds)!
2) i have actually enlisted the help of a friend of mine to create some "looks" for my Dallas trip. i have no idea how to dress for Texas! (i kind of know what NOT to wear, or simply, "i won't be caught dead wearing THAT.") it's a bit overwhelming, no?
3) i am heading to Dallas a few days early to spend time with a high school friend. i don't know why it took me 5 or 6 years to realize that there is a way to build fun into business trips. travel for personal gain. i like it. (and, while i'm happy to be reconnecting with an old friend, i can't help but wish i were going early to spend time with Natasha and Carlo and Hoop...) (Go Green Wave!)
4)SPEAKING of which, i had the most wonderful phone call appointment with Carlo yesterday. we had a fantastic time catching up. (she is well! busy! navigating the waters with a pre. teen. daughter.) how much do i love that such a special friendship was born of blogging?!?
5) my social media geekiness has reached a new level, as i am currently tweeting all over the blogosphere. in fact, i am hosting a "tweetup" at the Hilton Anatole in an effort to bring 1700+ Hampton GMs together in a casual networking atmosphere (read: pre-conference after hours party in trendy hotel bar!) whattheheckamigonnaweartoTHAT?!?
6) totally unrelated to the upcoming trip, but mentioned here for memory's sake: jack had a nightmare last night, which is very unusual for him. he often does not like to talk about the details of his nightmares, especially the kind that wake up with that awful sense of reality still lingering. this morning, we were chatting about it over a great big (suffocating, actually) bear hug. turns out the crux of the nightmare was that i was bitten by a wolf and, "went away eternally." that kid. could he be any cuter?
i'm off to find a plaid shirt. i think.