i'm not going to lie, twenty ten was a tough year for me. many, MANY valleys, not a ton of peaks... i'm not a huge fan of making a big deal about "New Years," but I'd really like to commit this one to memory, and move on. if you know what i mean ;)
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? ran a trail run with Tony Hawk!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? i don't think i made any, and i didn't choose a word. and honestly, i really feel like i've been treading water and drifting away from the shoreline without one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? my nephew, Milo, was born on February 1st. he is the smilingest baby you have ever met, and hanging with him has soothed me many times this past year.
4. Did anyone close to you die? not this year.
5. What countries did you visit? right...
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? a passport. i'm not kidding.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? the month of April. it was embarassing and painful.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? speaking on stage in front of over 2,000 people. it, pretty much, ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF!! more, please! also, appearing in an article about journaling in USA Today was amazing.
9. What was your biggest failure? see #7.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no, and i am exceedingly thankful.
11. What was the best thing you bought? my iPhone4. oh, and the Victoria Secret faux wrap long sleeve tee. if you are tall, with long arms, you will love this shirt!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? i've got to toss this one to Jack, my xBox addicted skate punk 9 year old - light and love of my life
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? the Westboro Baptist Church. anyone and EVERYONE who bullied, teased or made negative statements about another human. The United States Congress.
14. Where did most of your money go? to the essentials. not a lot of mad money this year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? a trip to Dallas (visited a high school friend and attended Hampton conference);my bowling birthday party; taking Jack to his first NHL game
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas); Raise Your Glass (Pink), Colors (Crossfade)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? A bit sadder, a bit fatter, a bit poorer. Moving on...
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? things that make my family smile
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? turned to my gadgets instead of being 'in the moment' with my family and friends
20. Did you fall in love in 2010? i fell out. a little bit. i'm working on it.
21. What was your favorite TV program? Glee
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I have some negative feelings that I'm trying to put into perspective.
23. What was the best book you read? I did not read one single book in 2010. fact.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Michael Franti and Spearhead, live at House of Blues
25. What did you want and get? a popcorn popper and a percolator :)
26. What did you want and not get? that special feeling
27. What was your favorite film of this year? The Social Network - the first movie my husband and I have been to as "just us" since 2000.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? i turned 41 in 2010, and killed it during Cosmic Bowling with some good friends
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? meeting you
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? boring
31. What kept you sane? social media - facebooking and tweeting and texting and scheduled conference calls with friends