Tuesday, February 08, 2011

spt 2.8.2011

Sunday night before the big game, i bent down to plug in a lamp. the lamp was unplugged because we don't use it very often. but it provides ambient light. and i love ambient light. and i needed ambient light for the Super Bowl. just because... okay?!?

it was dark in the corner where i had to plug in the lamp (because there was no ambient light. a-hem). i was so focused on remedying the lighting situation that i failed to see the metal sign that is firmly embedded in the potted plant in front of the electrical outlet. the metal sign that is firmly embedded in the potted plant that has seriously sharp edges. the metal sign that is firmly embedded in the potted plant that has seriously sharp edges and says...



(please don't be too concerned about the state of the potted plant. it obviously needs... more light. that situation has now been remedied.) (also? irony. yes, i get it.)

so,to recap: lack of ambient light plus metal sign plus bending down equals watching the Super Bowl with an ice pack on one's eye!!



fortunately, i didn't get a black eye. but, yowza! it hurts!!

note to self: it's time for more ambient light.

will you take a self-portrait today? leave me a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

yowza for sure. I cannot tell you how often I hurt myself in such a way. Joe tells me that I'm just not that observant. ME? haha!

MoonGoddess said...

OUCH!

But we are overlooking the obvious in that picture.... that RING! Stunning! Love it.

Alisa said...

I agree ! Ouch and that ring!

Are you still hurting today?

I did post an SP- Finally. I have been taking them ... just not posting.
I think i am back! Fun to see yours!

Alisha said...

:(

michelle said...

oh dear! I love ambient light, too. And your ring. Not so much eye injuries.