this is the third year i have wrapped up with this particular meme. it's become a way for me to close the book on the outgoing year, celebrate what i've accomplished, find inspiration for what is yet to come...
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? finished a 10K run
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? my word of the year, "open" was with me every step of the way. it reminded me to open my mind, my heart, my core. i am looking forward to sharing my word for 2009.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no
4. Did anyone close to you die? Grabbie
5. What countries did you visit? hah! i think i only left NC once, and that was a quick trip to atlanta. (this WILL be remedied in oh-nine. quickly.)
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2008? willpower
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? december 16, the day we lost our Grabbie
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? seussical!
9. What was your biggest failure? gaining weight and losing myself within myself
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no
11. What was the best thing you bought? my "open" necklace from lisa leonard designs
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my staff
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? anyone who *chose* not to vote in the presidential election
14. Where did most of your money go? house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? seussical!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "i miss my family" naked brothers band, "over you" daughtry, "no air" jordin sparks, "viva la vida" coldplay
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? a little sadder, a little fatter, a little poorer (sad, but true)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? exercising, vacationing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? snacking
20. Did you fall in love in 2008? i think so
21. What was your favorite TV program? the biggest loser, good eats, the hills (ssshhhh....)
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no
23. What was the best book you read? Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (A Year of Food Life); Firefly Lane (and thank goodness for Goodreads, because i would never have remembered a single book i read!)
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Without a Net!!
25. What did you want and get? useful space
26. What did you want and not get? an iPod
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Mama Mia
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? had a 90 minute massage, ate thai food and turned 39.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? making a commitment to my health
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? whatever is still fitting!
31. What kept you sane? blogging. absolutely - blogging. (sic.)