Friday, July 16, 2010

whirlwind of good, part 3

(june 29 and july 5, 2010)

on june 29, Hampton Inn Southport celebrated her 10th anniversary. and less than a week later, i celebrated my own 10 year anniversary of employment. it's hard to believe i've been at one company for a decade. (there was a period of time shortly after college when i truly believed that a 2 year tenure at any job would be my max.)

wasn't i cute? the summer of 2000 was such a great time - i was newly married, new in town, working at a new hotel and about to find out there was a new baby on the way...



that "new baby" has since spent a lot of time at the Hampton Inn!



i've worked my way up from "guest service representative" to General Manager, and i've learned a lot about myself along the way. i've made reservations and made beds. i've hired many and have had to fire a few. i've crawled through a dumpster in the middle of the night, and climbed up on stage in front of thousands.

i can't help but wonder what's in store for the next ten!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much can happen in 10 years...holy cow! I can't imagine being at the same workplace for that long, kudos to you! I hope you take us along for the ride of what the next 10 years are like (isn't that a crazy thought...blogging for 10 more years?!?)

Jill said...

Congratulations on 10 years of employment!! I'm sure you have some crazy stories to tell...crawling through a dumpster?!

Marie said...

Like Jill, I want a little more dumpster info!

Ten years does a lot, doesn't it?

Alisha said...

Very Awesome, Lelly! What a decade. My boy turns 10 in a couple of weeks. Hard to believe. Seems like yesterday he was born. We'll blink and in another decade they'll be halfway through college. Gulp.