Monday, August 31, 2009

dusting off

it's been a few months of not-blogging, of this self-imposed hiatus.

a few months that have dragged their feet, plodding towards...

towards what? that is the question i meant to ask myself all summer: will i blog again? what will i blog about? what do i want from this little corner of the blogosphere? do i have a niche? do i WANT a niche?

and the nagging whisper, the question that wants to be asked, but not too loudly, "am i more than spt?"

in looking forward, i invariably looked back (and i know, i KNOW that breaks all the rules!) i re-read things i'd written two years ago. two months ago. i smiled at photos i'd forgotten to look at in a while. i wrapped myself in the warmth of your comments, stumbled upon misplaced dreams and journeys.

i soaked up words that i had written. and i remembered. i remembered that i started this blog because i am a writer.

huh.

i was sort of hoping that i would have had more of an epiphany. i was waiting for the "a-ha moment." (it hasn't come.) at some point, i might have even thought this post would be the glorious unveiling of a new & improved blog, complete with bells and whistles and widgets galore. well, this is not that post. and if you came here looking for that, i am sorry.

i don't think the vibe will change much around here, after all. i feel like blogging, and i am excited for what is yet to be written!

[i have some ideas for spt, as well, and i hope you will be ready to join me again on that journey.]

16 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad to hear you are blowing the dust off and getting back to blogging--you've been missed!!

Amber Grannis said...

scout's honor, i had a dream about spt last night! i love your header. very refreshing, clean, simple, and motivating. see you soon, lelly!

Rebekah said...

I really respect your for, I don't know how to say this, not changing? Maybe change isn't always the answer, maybe I use change sometimes as a distraction, or as a cure all. Maybe a lot of the time change isn't what's needed, maybe what we all really have a hard time with is staying the course.

carlo said...

and your writing is one of the many things i love about you!

i, too, felt overwhelmed and as i told you, i also was feeling pretty "unblogworthy" (yep, still making up my own words...)

but i did some dusting off of my own...

something about the start of a new school year. the possibilities. the opportunities.

not making any promises...

:)

Jill said...

I almost did a post last week about missing SPTs, but didn't want to pressure you.

Crystal said...

Very excited to see that your hiatus is coming to a close.... and I'm still here to follow you wherever this may lead.

Kim Sue said...

can't wait for the ride! - the ride will be fabulous no matter where we end up!

Alisa said...

You are more than SPT's- but I am so so glad that you will be doing them again. (right along with Jill, no pressure.)
Every time you posted I was so glad that you were still blogging. Now I feel like its official.
Yea for Lelly!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You are definitely more than SPT's! However, I hope you never divorce yourself from them entirely because they were such a gift to so many. You helped so many of us come out from under our covers. And I will always credit you with helping me to grow in a very big way. Thank you Lelly.

I'm so glad you aren't going to leave blogging, Lelly. I really, really am.

michelle said...

Oh yes, you are more than SPT!

First and foremost, I blog because I want to have a record of our doings, my photos, and my feelings. Everything else is gravy.

Michelle Alley said...

Lelly - I think a lot of people are missing the concept of blogging. Just a personal feeling lately. When you mentioned that you went back and looked at old posts and photos - I remembered why I started blogging - for the memories. I love being able to look back and almost a day to day record of our life.

I think your SPT is a great way to allow many woman the opportunity to see themselves outside of just a mommy. Your challenges are fun, creative and a good way to document what "we" moms are and were like at certain times in our lives. Also, to bring many blogging moms together in a fun an uplifting community.

I hope you know I have enjoyed your blog, your comments, your posts, and SPT since I "met" you two and half years ago.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into SPT...take care!

Michelle:)

Kelly said...

I like your blog just the way it is, so I'm glad you didn't unveil any new and improved. Glad you're back!

Lucy said...

You are WAY more than SPT. I've missed you in blogland, though it's been nice to see you in Facebookland. Still, I prefer it over here so...yay!

Natasha said...

Now you know you are SO much more than SPT...

Natasha said...

Oh and what is this - back to blogging and back to good mail too?! ;)

wende said...

you are so much more than your SPTs! i think SPTs fit the writer that you are perfectly, because they always act like a journaling spring board for me. they help me to think about something, write about something that i might have missed. but they are just that, a bonus, and i will love to participate when i can. but NO pressure! i love you with or without them. :)