Thursday, January 10, 2008

welcome



welcome to spt!! this week sees many old friends and many new faces.

i am thrilled to see that so many participated in this week's spt challenge!! it's a nice upswing in momentum to start off the new year.

if you are new, please feel free to jump right in! our spt challenges are meant for all - the more the merrier. the only "rule" is that you participate when you can, and make the most out of your spt journey!!

i try to post challenges by Friday, so that we have the weekend to work it out. the idea is to post your spt to your blog on the following tuesday. (if it doesn't work for tuesday, never fear! there have been plenty of sp-wednesdays, sp-thursdays, etc.) even if you miss a week, or several, the beauty is that you can jump back in at any time!!

on tuesday mornings, i will put a mr. linky so that we can all share our photos and thoughts. mr. linky makes it very easy to go directly to the spt post on your blog: simply type in the permalink for your spt post for the URL (for those of you using blogger, the permalink can be found under "properties" when you right-click on the date at the bottom of your post.) this will ensure that whoever clicks on your name in mr. linky will go directly to your spt post. [if your blog is private, you can still post your URL, but only invited readers will actually be taken to your site when they click on your name.]

spt is an awesome way to meet new people, and to get to know amazing things about yourself and your friends. it has been a springboard for finding new blogs to read, and it can be a tremendous way to bring new friends to your site. if you would like, i would be happy to add your blog address to my sidebar, which also helps bring new traffic to your blog. my sidebar has gotten pretty long, but since i don't use an RSS feeder, i still use it to visit all of my blogging friends!! if you would like me to add you to the sidebar, please send me an email.

this seems like a lot of technical stuff for little old spt, i know. most importantly, take some for yourself and explore these challenges, and get some photos of yourself!! i took more photos of myself last year than i did in the past decade! trust me, they weren't all pretty. some of them weren't even in focus. but they are *me*, and i love every one of them.

welcome on this spt journey!! it's going to be a beautiful year.

11 comments:

michelle said...

Thanks for doing all of this, Lelly. I love checking in to see what the week's challenge will be. I definitely took more photos of myself last year!

donna said...

Thanks for doing the SPT!!!!! I so enjoy reading everyones and posting spt every week :)

Amy said...

I love you Lelly!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I encourage ANYBODY and EVERYBODY to try SPT! I was hesitant at first but have so enjoyed it and gained a lot in the process. Lelly, I love the way you pose our challenges, thank you.

jenny said...

I think Mr. Linky was a grand idea. And that why you save TONS of time to see who did it. Can't wait till tomorrow to find out what's on the docket for Tuesday.

carlo said...

spt has been a wonderful experience. welcome one and all!

(and as you can tell, lelly rocks!)

Amanda said...

I'm still learning about all this Mr. Linky business..sorry I put in the wrong URL last week. Will do better this week. I think I'm excited to see myself in photos this year!

Amz said...

I would love to join...how do I get on the list?

Rachel said...

I'm with Jenny. The Mr. Linky feature is nice. A HUGE thank you for the creative genius that is YOU! :)

Bex said...

I am new and I found you via Stacy! What a great idea....hope you don't mind if I participate as well.

michelle allen said...

Lelly,
I'll have to try to join you in this journey one of these Tuesdays! I'm going to put it on my calendar and see if I can make it happen. Looks like so much fun. It's great that you do this. You're a busy gal!