Monday, May 07, 2007

voyager

i am home!

my trip to d.c. was fast and furious, and, as is typical with corporate functions, there was ZERO time for sightseeing, meeting bloggers, etc! and for that, i am sad. it's been 20 years since i had a chance to live near our nation's capital. i felt like a total stranger being shuttled through a city i no longer recognize!! instead, i found comfort in forging better friendships with the dozen or so other general managers (out of about 2,100) that i have come to know over my past seven years with hampton.

i am full of motivation, and brimming with possibilities as i leverage my strengths every day. (nothing says conference like a few choice buzzwords!)

i also had a chance to meet a new mentor of mine, marcus buckingham. he was featured recently on the today show, and matt lauer referred to marcus as the *rockstar* of corporate america . he is total rockstar material. and? i really dig what he has to say (i ASSURE you, those rumours about the restraining order against me?? TOTALLY unfounded!)

i came home with lots of fun gifts, including... a digital camera!! not exactly a cannon rebel, but it works well enough to get me back into the swing of spt!! here's a quick shot just for you guys!



i am so eager to get back into blogging, and to catch up with everyone! it was maddening to be so close to kristi and anne and others, and that i could not make it work to actually meet you guys!! maybe next time we can meet up at the cinnabon near gate E45 at national airport. let's say, around 4:54 a.m.?? totally works for me!

one of my favorite quotes from the trip: k.c. and the sunshine band rocked the party on our last night. k.c. addressed our group - some of whom are a bit younger than i am - and said, "some of you don't know who we are. well, we are your mother's n*sync!" he was waaay more entertaining than n*sync, if you ask me!

11 comments:

everything pink! said...

Gate E45 it is.
oh sounds exciting and fun. i am glad you feel motivated and now I can't wait to see what your mind will come up with, i am sure it will benefit us bloggers!

welcome home and we missed you... how could that be you were down the street from me.

carlo said...

so glad you are home...can't wait to hear all about it.

welcome back...you were missed

donna said...

Welcome back!!!!

Susan said...

Welcome back!!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had a fun time. Glad you are back!

Amy said...

Glad you had fun & refreshed on all those great buzzwords. Ah, the corporate world...so distant from me. Unfortunately, my daily buzz words are Potty, Helper, and the latest - You get what you get and don't throw a fit.

My uncle was actually at that same conference in D.C. with you. He manages in Flagstaff.

jenny said...

Welcome home Lelly!

Kelly said...

You sound refreshed and inspired! Glad you're back.

Jill said...

I remember KC and The Sunshine Band, but I love their description of themselves.

I'm glad you had a good trip!

Darla said...

Lelly,
so glad you are back... missed your posts...
Have a great day today.

amy gretchen said...

Welcome back!