i really REALLY tried to do the whole "best of '09" review, but found myself not remembering huge chunks of my year! what is that about?!? so here it is, my tried and true year-end review. all in all, it was the year that i took an amazing *journey,* a ride that i am not yet willing to get off!!
(for half a second i thought i might attempt a decade-in-review, but sweet hell, if i can't remember '09, then trying to remember '00-'08 might just put me in the little white room (although i did a bit of reminiscing on FB.) (so, if you're interested, i invite you to come by).
without further ado, may i present, the year that was:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? went on a destination family vacation with just the three of us.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? my word of the year, "journey," took me places i had not been before.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? yes! nephew Felix Daniel was born to my sister, Patricia on September 27.
4. Did anyone close to you die? a fellow hotel manager passed away shortly after being diagnosed with lung cancer. it definitely shook us up as we considered our own mortality. it is tough to lose a contemporary.
5. What countries did you visit? does EPCOT World Showcase count? it does for me!! in 2009, i visited NOLA, Philly, D.C., and Walt Disney World! Quick work trips took me to Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Raleigh and Charleston. what a difference "getting out of town" made for me this year!!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? a fitness routine
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? january 19th, the day i decided to take my life back.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? sailing this hotel through some very troubled economic waters.
9. What was your biggest failure? working to much, not walking away from my desk enough
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no
11. What was the best thing you bought? can i say "the snuggie" that jack got for Christmas? (don't judge!) okay, really it was my pretty pink Dell laptop!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? matty quit smoking!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? the people responsible for trashing the pianos in the music hall at Ithaca College. SENSELESS DESTRUCTION!!
14. Where did most of your money go? house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? meeting natasha and carlo and hoop
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? BOOM BOOM POW
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? HAPPIER, the same, richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? blogging
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? butting heads with mat and jack over petty things that we won't remember!
20. Did you fall in love in 2009? YES!
21. What was your favorite TV program? Glee
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? absolutely not
23. What was the best book you read? i am re-reading childhood favorites with jack - currently enjoying "The Mysterious Disappearance of Leon (I Mean Noel.)"
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? NOTA
25. What did you want and get? an mp3 player and a smart phone
26. What did you want and not get? new hair color ;)
27. What was your favorite film of this year? did i see anything that wasn't PG-13???
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? turned FORTY in the Magic Kingdom!!
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? losing 25 pounds
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? it was all about the underwear, baby!
31. What kept you sane? little getaways