Wednesday, March 21, 2007

spt - the recap


luck [luhk] (n): 1. the force that seems to operate for good or ill in a person's life, as in shaping circumstances, events, or opportunities

good luck (n): an auspicious state resulting from favorable outcomes

it is fascinating to explore everyones' takes on this challenge. interestingly, when i began to pull bits and pieces from the blogs for a recap, it became obvious that we all have different feelings about the concept of "luck." take a look at the words that were substituted for "luck:"

love
family
children
comfort
confidence
friendship
blessings
plans

these are the forces, the people, the feelings that shape our lives, our circumstances. we are a "lucky" bunch of women!

please take a look around, and see what other image consultants had to say on the subject of luck:

So while my Worry Dolls aren't lucky, they provided comfort and distraction from my childhood worries and were a good reminder this week that I don't have to deal with anything by myself. [amberly]

Each day when I look at the twists and turns of the knot I am reminded how we are all connected. Each one of us connected to everything, and everything to us. [amy m]

I wouldn't even call myself lucky - but I do consider myself to be fortunate. I think so many of the good things I have in my life now can be traced back to my happy childhood. [barb]

When I see my old name badge, it reminds me to be grateful for the mundane, crazy, boring, maddening days that I have. It is a reminder of what I could be doing instead, and instantly makes me feel lucky to be where I am right now.
[hannah]

I'm lucky to have close friends, lucky to have lots of new blogging friends, and lucky that I enjoy being a friend. [jill]

I think each one of us is trying to live a full life, one that is full of light and goodness, and I like to believe that we are all trying to become the best that we can become...and so I love to leave home with my little 'token reminder' of life, light, and striving to be complete... [cristin]

But as I started to think about luck, it made me think about what I think "luck" is. When I want luck, what I really want is confidence. I want to feel confident when I'm in any uncomfortable situation. [susan]

8 comments:

Barb said...

This has been such an interesting project - more about what's on the inside than what's on the outside. I love how the definition of luck as forces in our lives explains all of our takes on luck this week.

I got your card with your cute little SPT signature ovals. Thank you! (I'm going to glue them onto the front of a couple of toy cars)

Amy said...

Thank you, Lelly. This was a great challenge and reading everyone's different views broadened and strengthened my feeling of *blessed*.

Elizabeth said...

I love your recaps almost as much as the spt's!

jenny said...

Recap is always the best part. Ummm what's on the docket for next Tuesday?

I am Laura said...

Your recaps are like words or wisdom from wonderful women.

amy gretchen said...

I always enjoy the recap.

michelle said...

Thanks for doing the recaps, such a nice tidy little wrap-up! I like the way everyone interpreted luck as well.

carlo said...

It has been so interesting to see all of the luck/blessings we each have. thank you again for doing this each week.

ps-it was so frustrating that my post was written and sitting in my blogger acct on tuesday. i couldn't get it to post from my treo. Dang! I need to learn how to do that...