Thursday, March 01, 2007

self-portrait challenge



i am posting two challenges today, to carry us over the next few weeks. (the second challenge may require a little more time to complete, so i wanted everyone to have an opportunity to participate.)

for tuesday, march 6th:
mirror, mirror on the wall

take a picture of yourself in the mirror. any mirror will do. now, take a really good look at yourself. try to see your image as others around you see it. bring to mind something kind or unusual that a friend has noticed about your recently. can you see what they see? will you tell us about it??

for tuesday, march 13th:
lights, camera, action!

take a picture of yourself out and about in your neighborhood, your town, your city. do you live near a landmark or a setting that has ever been used by hollywood? would we recognize it? does it have historic significance to your community? has it become more popular since it was featured on the big screen? if no movie locations come to mind, how about showing us a significant landmark from your area? get out there and get creative!

i have added a sidebar item that will list the current challenge. enjoy!!

13 comments:

Amanda :-) said...

Thanks for doing this, Lelly. It's so organised! x

Angie said...

Ideas ar already spinning in my head. I lov ethe mirror mirror on the wall idea. I know the exact landmark I will use, just getting myself there and doing it is the challenge.
Thanks for doing this.

Price Cream Parlor said...

This sounds fun! Thanks for being creative! For those TX girls - how about 'dem boots at the mall? LOVED those!

jenny said...

Fun---can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Those boots are near LOTS AND LOTS of construction right now, but that is a great idea!

Kelly said...

Brutal! I stand in front of the mirror as little as possible, now I have to do it with a camera?

Jill said...

Oh my, I'm glad you give us several days notice so that we can figure out what we're going to do.

Kari said...

Sounds fun, I might have to try this!!! Wishing I had a cute mirror for next Tuesday's picture!!

And landmark, hmmm?

everything pink! said...

why does my good camera have to be in the shop?

i love you encouraging everyone to get out in their city... beyond brilliant.

Kelly said...

Oooh, exciting. Thanks for giving us the extra notice on the out and about one. I'm going to have to think about that.

sista # 2 said...

Hmmmmm....already thinking of some
ideas -I'm cracking myself up!-
Thanx for the challenges, so I actually end up in some of our family photos!haha
ciao

Crystalyn said...

i missed out last week but am excited to participate this week! thanks for doing this.

amy gretchen said...

cool ideas. can't wait to participate.

Andy said...

Great idea. Even if I cheated just a little.