Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Everything

Perfect love is to feeling what perfect white is to color.

Many think that white is the absence of color.
It is not. It is the inclusion of all color...

So, too, love is not the absence of an emotion
(hatred, anger, lust, jealousy, covetousness),
but the summation of all feeling.

It is the sum total.

The everything.


(a quote for today from one of my seventeen "books of quotes." this one happens to be from neale donald walsch, of 'conversations with God,' fame. i haven't read it. thoughts??)

6 comments:

Crystalyn said...

this is beautiful! i love quotes and collect them...what books to do you use?

happy valentine's day!

Unknown said...

this is from a book called "love is forever,a romantic ride on cupid's arrow" compiled by karol cooper and alan ross, published by walnut grove press, nashville, tn. a number of books i have are from this publisher.

i use quote.com a lot, too, but i really enjoy thumbing through quote books and folding down the corners of the pages!!

Jill said...

Sometimes I wonder if I even know what love really is. I have felt strong affection, fondness, caring, and emotion but I fear I don't feel the same thing other people feel. I can't even imagine perfect love.

Amy said...

I love that quote. And I, too, am a sucker for quote books.

Kelly said...

I love this quote! I had a big quote collection, and transferred it to computer -- didn't back it up and lost it. So sad! This is a lovely one for my start-over collection.

carlo said...

that is so beautiful. and makes my head hurt a little to really think about it! (in a good way!)