i did this little meme last year around this time, and i thought it would be interesting to see how the end of '07 compares...
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? ran a mile (and maybe more...)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? instead of a "resolution," i am focusing on two words for 2008: OPEN for me, and HEALTH for my family.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? yes, my youngest sister gave birth to baby becca on june 24th.
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? um, i drove down embassy row in d.c., and traveled through epcot center.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? a life coach
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? june first, taylor's arrival.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? godspell!
9. What was your biggest failure? letting my weight-loss efforts fizzle mid-year
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? no
11. What was the best thing you bought? is it possible that the only things i bought were groceries? 'cause i can't think of ANYTHING!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? jack graduated from kindergarten!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? the teenager in my life
14. Where did most of your money go? mortgage payments
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? our fantabulous trip to disney world!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? summer love by justin timberlake. and the saga begins, by wierd al. don't ask.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer? a little sadder, exactly the same, poorer in dollars/richer in friends.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? counted more calories!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? bitching and moaning!
20. Did you fall in love in 2007? status quo.
21. What was your favorite TV program? american idol and lost.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no. but i'm definitely frustrated with some!
23. What was the best book you read? saving fish from drowning and eat, pray, love.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? the jonas brothers. and podcasts.
25. What did you want and get? an excellent review at work.
26. What did you want and not get? a lighthouse award.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? nothing sticks out in my mind.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? went to the movies and dinner at a japanese steakhouse with my girlfriends/sisters, all the while turning 38.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? meeting my blog friends!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? land's end, hampton inn style.
31. What kept you sane? blogging. absolutely - blogging.
you can read last year's here.