Sunday, December 31, 2006

this little meme

at the risk of finding no good way to sum up the year, i will instead give you this list of everything i would've included in my wrap-up, plus plenty more. er, thanks, jess.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Allowed complete strangers to look at my financial affairs
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I accomplished some things, I've carried some over for next year. It's sort of a running list.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? I'll have to think on that one. Um... None!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Money in my savings account.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 31st. The day we closed on our house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Buying a house. My biggest achievement for 2007 will be staying in this house.
9. What was your biggest failure? I didn't do anything for my body, my spirit. I was a total slug all year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, I have been so lucky.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Our home.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jack is learning to read! On the global scale, I fell like I should have an answer, or several...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Britney Spears, George Bush, various teenagers who should know better!
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, tuition, car payment, and it should also be going to several other loans we have.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Wow. Is it sad that I really can't think of much? I am, however, really, really excited about going to Walt Disney World on Wednesday!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Lips of an Angel, Oklahoma!, anything from XM Kids
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? happier, fatter (probably), poorer (but it's worth it)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Physical activity, creative projects, going to church
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sleeping
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Among family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Every day
22. How many one-night stands? None
23. What was your favorite TV program? Lost, mostly for the camaraderie (we watched with my sister & bro-in-law)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't think I hate anyone. I definitely get aggravated, though.
25. What was the best book you read? Wicked
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Jack singing Oklahoma!
27. What did you want and get? A new house.
28. What did you want and not get? A lighthouse award.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I never make it to the movie theatre. But Netflix has become a very good friend.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I stayed home with Matty and Jack and turned 37
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Feeling better about my health and my finances.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Shabby. and not in the chic way.
33. What kept you sane? Reading blogs and getting creative again

Good-bye 2006! And best wishes to everyone in 2007!

No comments: