Tuesday, November 20, 2007

spt



Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. - buckminster fuller



here i stand, literally on the edge of the land, my back to the atlantic ocean. for now, i am alone, and it seems as if my tall, sturdy shadow can bear it all.

and i know that it can't. the sun will shift and the image will falter. the strong outline will blur, blending into other shadows, other lives.

today i am thank-full for all of the days that i have found solace, or spark, in this beautiful blogosphere. for the chance to cast my shadow out into the world, to share my *me-ness.* for the opportunity to blend with all of you.

happy thanksgiving!

15 comments:

Amy said...

Your shadow thoughts are so well-penned. Thank you for sharing such a fantastic idea!

Becky said...

Beautifully written and so powerful. Thanks!

patsy said...

Sorry to say my spt is not so beautifully written. Thanks for the idea! Have a great Tuesday!!

donna said...

Oh what a wonderful SPT!

I so forgot to do mine. But i will in the next few days :)

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day :)

Elizabeth said...

I had a feeling yours would be on the beach as well. I love your thoughts expressed so beautifully. I would have to agree.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture, and what great sentiments. Awesome, Lelly!

Midge said...

I'm hooked. thanks for putting your shadow out there for us to enjoy and copy. It's fun to have an blog assignment.

Holly said...

You definitely cast a nice shadow, not only on the sands tickling your tootsies, but in Blogville too! Great thoughts (as always!).

carlo said...

Very cool! You are my hero(ione!).

My spt will be late. Again. Dang...

carlo said...

love the beachshot, by the way! HAPPY THANKSGIVING if I don't make it back over before tomorrow. Since I should be be cleaning and cooking and all of that...

Emmanuelle said...

Love your picture ! You look like the cartoon my daughter is watching: "dady's long legs"

Sandi said...

My shadow slyly moves among my fellow humans. We touch without invading each others space and feel warmth, gratitude and love.

Barb said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amanda :-) said...

This is a very thought-provoking subject. If I can find some sun to cast my shadow, I'll do my best!
Kristi will love this, what with her love for silhouettes!

michelle said...

Beautiful thoughts! I love the quote and your words as well.