Tuesday, February 26, 2008

spt



i have always loved a good scavenger hunt. this one was fun for me, trying to figure out how to get 6 spt photos done in one weekend. i'm glad i made it into most of the photos!



light we have a very large entertainment center in our bedroom. it's a great piece of furniture, but there simply is no other place for it in our home. i use it to showcase various collections and i love the ambient light it provides. well, when the lights are working that is. amazing what new lightbulbs can do



lavender do you guys think about spt at the strangest times? i was thinking about it in the shower the other day, and was thrilled to find all of these lavender products almost at my fingertips. i might have a little obsession building here...



lips thanks to michelle's tutorial, i finally remembered to replace my nubby lipliner this week.



laughter waking jack up each day can be very challenging. as you can see, he was not enjoying the spt opportunity as much as i was this morning!



lunch matty makes the best chili in the world. hands down. i could eat this every. single. day.



little i'm glad i snapped this photo over the weekend, because according to kelly, i will never have to sew another patch in my life!! by the way, i learned recently that it's much easier to thread a needle if you "lick" the eye of the needle, rather than the thread. am i the only person who did not know this?!?

what did you find on your scavenger hunt?

29 comments:

Alisa said...

still working on my photos...and licking the eye of the needle? never heard of that, will have to try that today!

meghan said...

I loved this challenge .. This is one of my favorites! Thanks

Amber Grannis said...

So you lick the needle first? Huh, I'll definitely have to file that one away for future reference. I loved the "laugh" picture! So cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm a first timer to SPT! I had a lot of fun with it.
Can't wait to do it again.
Have a great week

michelle said...

I love those Suave body washes! I have the lime verbena, and I want the tangerine one, now I'll have to check out the lavender one. You are definitely not the last person to hear about licking the eye of the needle!

Laurie said...

This was a cute idea. I like how you did all the different words. My camera died after my first word/photo, so mine is lacking in that regard. Oh well!

The Monkeys said...

I have never heard of licking the eye of the needle! That's an interesting thought. Cute laugh picture! I got mine all in one picture!

sarah said...

I did not know about the needle! I'll have to try that!

Windy said...

I learned something new today - lick the eye of the needle, not the thread.

Apparently my arms aren't long enough to really get myself in a self-portrait. The picture I took with the camera's timer came out completely blurry.

I need a tutorial on how to take self-portraits.

Windy said...

Oh yeah, I want that chili recipe. It looks divine!

Rachel said...

Nice work on finding them all! I am feeling much better today but things have been hectic, so hopefully tomorrow I'll do my own little scavenger hunt!!!

Oh and our Blue and Gold Banquet is tonight! Whoohoo!

Laurie said...

I never knew about the needle trick.

Good one this week!

Barb said...

That was a true challenge, Lelly. I think I took the easy way out . . .

Amy said...

That was great and so fun. Laugh pics can't help but bring a smile to our faces! I had heard of the needle thing, but I had totally forgotten. Thanks for the reminder. We'll have to see how long I'll remember this time.

Amanda :-) said...

That must've been some stressed-out, scatty mum who discovered the licking the needle trick by mistake. Doing things back to front in her haste, no? Glad she licked the blunt end, anyway!

Those are great pictures. It all looks busy, busy, busy.

I have to give up on SPT again this week. I just don't know what day I'm on. I must have kind of intolerance. Weeklyitis. Dayophobia. Datism.

Sarah said...

Fun SPT. You are so creative to come up with these.

Jill said...

This was an amusing challenge. Poor Jack, waking up with a camera in his face!

Linda said...

Once again, you got me in front of the camera, not behind it! Thanks.

Amy said...

your lunch looks very yummy. SPT saved my day today...thanks!

annalisa said...

I did not know that about needles. You learn something new every day.

Elizabeth said...

I wish I had made it all the way through mine. Your series is great.

Amie said...

I didn't know the lick the needle trick either... although it doesn sound familiar?

Thanks for making me think all day.

michelle said...

I thought this one was hard! Especially since I already posted my lips picture...

~Jeri Darling~ said...

Im lurking on your page, thanks to a friend of mine who participates in your SPT's..I had to ask her what they were, and she explained them to me. I love the idea! I would love to participate as well!

Courtney said...

never knew that about the eye of the needle...I too have been sewing on patches for cub scouts and I use a needle threader...much easier!

love your scavenger finds...especially the laughter, there is nothing better than the sound of your child laughing!

Amanda said...

good for you! Sorry I ddn't make it this week...I've never heard of licking the needle! Will try next time I sew!

tina said...

Good job, Lelly finding everything on the list. Then again, I guess you made the list, so it had to be relatively easy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

This one was fun! I love the wake up picture and the needle one- both excellent!

wende said...

great post, i have been a snoozing spt girl the last few weeks, i will do better next week with the extra theme i promise! thanks for making blogging so much fun!