Thursday, February 21, 2008

recession

remember last year when jack lost his first tooth? and, according to him, the "going rate" was $1000.00 per tooth?!?

seems his collection efforts have been sorely affected by the state of the economy, and he is now THRILLED to accept $1.25 per tooth. IF the $1.25 is in the form of various quarters he needs to fill his Quarters of the States folder. WHICH he decided to tell the "tooth fairy" at 8:15 pm. because the "tooth fairy" has nothing better to do than sit huddled in the bathroom pawing through jars of change looking for the elusive quarters...




ham it up, kid! it just might have been easier to write that $1000.00 check!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The tooth fairy gave Leina 10 dollars for her first tooth. I couldn't find a dollar or evena quarter tn the house that night. I got a lot of slack from the parents at school. It was back down to $2 for the next one.

Natasha said...

Hey, at least he didn't write a note to the tooth fairy demanding a Webkinz like my Luci did, right? These kids are something else.

Luci gets to wear a nightgown that was mine as a child each night that she loses a tooth. I guess we better start looking for some special PJs for Griffin too!

jenny said...

Now are you kicking yourself for that contest that Kristi did with the quarters? Or maybe that wasn't quite the one you needed. Funny I don't even recall what I got for my teeth perhaps I should write the tooth fairy and tell her she forgot me :)

Congrats on the missing tooth--so cute!

Barb said...

He has a terrific cheesy smile. Almost a $1000 smile to be sure!

Katie A. said...

$1000 per tooth?!? I'll be getting out my pliars! Ah, on second thought, it might need to go up to $2000 for that. How exciting that the Toothfairy came through on the quarter hunt!

patsy said...

That tooth fairy's job gets harder & harder- don't you think?
Jack has a great smile!

carlo said...

oh my goodness. love the recession.

cute picture!

Chris said...

That is funny. The tooth fairy has been known to be very busy in our house, but she pays interest. :-)
Very cute grin!

michelle said...

Is there no end to the things our kids can get us to do?

I laughed out loud at your "oh the humanity" label -- maybe I need one of those!

Anonymous said...

I love the label! I remember being a kid and just being happy to get that quarter or half dollar. Oh dear...

Rebekah said...

it's so funny the things we ask for as a child without realizing how much work our parents would have to go through in order to make it happen!

Jill said...

That's some seriously painful recession.